Each year, Business Talent Group releases our High-End Independent Talent Report, looking across industries and business functions to analyze how business leaders deploy independent consultants, executives, experts, and project managers to complete critical work and meet their goals. Here are the top trends in how finance leaders deployed these highly skilled talent in 2020.
The modern finance function has a massive scope—and it’s only getting bigger. Independents are helping with all of it, working on projects that range from core priorities like budgeting to big-picture items like organizational transformation. CFOs are also the most-requested type of interim executive.
PROJECT CATEGORIES: Finance
|13% Interim Executive|
MOST IN-DEMAND PROJECTS
Innovation and R&D
MOST IN-DEMAND SKILLS
Process Optimization and Transformation
Sourcing and Procurement
SAMPLE FINANCE PROJECTS
- Overhaul and improve the usability of an outdated budgeting tool used by franchisees
- Analyze data to create a compelling strategic plan presentation for executive leadership
- Serve as interim CFO for a new subsidiary
- Develop appropriate Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) across back-office functions
- Establish a shared services Center of Excellence within the R&D finance organization