Each year, Business Talent Group releases our High-End Independent Talent Report, looking across industries and business functions to analyze how business leaders deploy independent consultants, executives, experts, and project managers to complete critical work and meet their goals. Here are the top trends in how general managers and P&L leaders deployed these highly skilled talent in 2020.
It takes a lot to lead a business, so it’s no surprise that GMs and P&L leaders are supplementing their own capabilities with a broad array of independent expertise. From cost control to customer experience, these projects help leaders compete and win across categories.
PROJECT CATEGORIES: General Managers and P&L Leaders
|11% Interim Executive|
MOST IN-DEMAND PROJECTS
Product Strategy and Launch
MOST IN-DEMAND SKILLS
Process Optimization and Transformation
SAMPLE PROJECTS REQUESTED BY GMs AND P&L LEADERS
- Perform a market assessment of digital onboarding processes and integrated customer experience platforms in financial services
- Revise and refine brand-level strategies and execution plans
- Develop a comprehensive go-to-market strategy
- Assist sales enablement team with instructional design, strategy refinement, governance, and Key Performance Indicators (KPI) development for effective selling training program
- Optimize product engineering processes to reduce costs and improve efficiency