Each year, Business Talent Group releases our High-End Independent Talent Report, looking across industries and business functions to analyze how business leaders deploy independent consultants, executives, experts, and project managers to complete critical work and meet their goals. Here are the top trends in how industrial sector leaders deployed these highly skilled talent in 2020.
Facing a shortage of skilled talent—and huge advances in IoT and intelligent systems—industrial companies have found help in the independent market. Opportunity assessment and growth strategy have long been top areas of interest. New on this year’s agenda: process optimization projects aimed at boosting efficiency and incorporating the new technologies that customers have come to expect.
PROJECT CATEGORIES: Industrial Goods
|6% Interim Executive|
MOST IN-DEMAND PROJECTS
Marketing and Sales Strategy
MOST IN-DEMAND SKILLS
Process Optimization and Transformation
SAMPLE INDUSTRIAL GOODS PROJECTS
- Execute a large-scale data collection effort, including competitive and pattern analyses
- Conduct consumer research and design marketing materials aligned with value proposition
- Develop a 3–5 year business plan with resource requirements and revenue/margin projections for a new service offering
- Scope out an e-commerce facility for streamlined fulfillment and shipping services to international markets
- Conduct a market assessment of warehouse automation in Asia