Each year, Business Talent Group releases our High-End Independent Talent Report, looking across industries and business functions to analyze how business leaders deploy independent consultants, executives, experts, and project managers to complete critical work and meet their goals. Here are the top trends in how leaders in charge of innovation and R&D deployed these highly skilled talent in 2020.
New opportunities often require new skills—ones that aren’t always on staff in corporate innovation and R&D departments. Fortunately, innovation leaders can turn to independent talent for targeted, on-demand expertise, tapping independents for help with everything from customer acquisition to regulatory strategies.
PROJECT CATEGORIES: Innovation and R&D
MOST IN-DEMAND PROJECTS
Innovation and R&D
Product Strategy and Launch
MOST IN-DEMAND SKILLS
Product Development and Launch
Market Access and Value Strategy
SAMPLE INNOVATION AND R&D PROJECTS
- Develop a medical device design control strategy and implementation plan
- Conduct an opportunity assessment on the commercial potential of new therapeutic areas
- Design user surveys and analyze data to develop and implement a customer acquisition marketing strategy
- Create a dashboard to track workstreams and budget across R&D
- Develop and drive the company’s regulatory strategy