Each year, Business Talent Group releases our High-End Independent Talent Report, looking across industries and business functions to analyze how business leaders deploy independent consultants, executives, experts, and project managers to complete critical work and meet their goals. Here are the top trends in how PMO leaders deployed these highly skilled talent in 2020.
Program Management Offices (PMOs) offer crucial support on the near constant transformations that big companies undertake. Yet resourcing them is a challenge when, at any moment, multiple change projects are happening with different workstreams and stakeholders. Independent specialists are the perfect solution, offering additional expertise and capacity on critical but temporary initiatives.
PROJECT CATEGORIES: PMO
MOST IN-DEMAND PROJECTS
Product Strategy and Launch
MOST IN-DEMAND SKILLS
Program Management Office (PMO)
Process Optimization and Transformation
Market Access and Value Strategy
SAMPLE PMO PROJECTS
- Manage the process of moving Finance roles into the Global Business Services unit and consolidating teams into one centralized location
- Identify pain points in current processes and technologies used across business functions and develop strategies to overcome them
- Develop a detailed product launch plan and manage critical launch projects across global and regional teams
- Optimize critical processes to make them more efficient and effective
- Drive coordination across multiple teams to ensure timely submission of high-quality inspection materials