Each year, Business Talent Group releases our High-End Independent Talent Report, looking across industries and business functions to analyze how business leaders deploy independent consultants, executives, experts, and project managers to complete critical work and meet their goals. Here are the top trends in how procurement leaders deployed these highly skilled talent in 2020.
Procurement leaders have embraced independents to drive better value on consulting engagements—saving up to 63% over traditional suppliers, according to our analysis.1 As such, procurement executives are creating on-demand programs for the entire organization to leverage. Within their own function, leaders are seeking help with even more diverse initiatives, from streamlining vendor negotiation to leading large-scale organizational changes.
PROJECT CATEGORIES: Procurement
|1% Interim Executive|
MOST IN-DEMAND PROJECTS
Marketing and Sales Strategy
IT and Tech Transformation
MOST IN-DEMAND SKILLS
Sourcing and Procurement
Tech and Systems Implementation
SAMPLE PROCUREMENT PROJECTS
- Assess contracts and spend and develop a negotiation strategy for large vendors
- Lead significant organizational changes following a large divestiture
- Deliver salesforce sizing recommendations to support the launch of a new product
- Provide full-time requirements documentation and a process map design for a major multi-year loyalty initiative
- Design, launch, and optimize an enterprise-wide, high-end independent talent program
1 “Consulting Costs and Value Analysis: On-Demand Talent vs. Traditional Firms,” Business Talent Group (2019).