Each year, Business Talent Group releases our High-End Independent Talent Report, looking across industries and business functions to analyze how business leaders deploy independent consultants, executives, experts, and project managers to complete critical work and meet their goals. Here are the top trends in how private equity and venture capital leaders deployed these highly skilled talent in 2020.
Private equity firms need leaders who are skilled and experienced enough to execute strategies across the investment cycle. Independent consultants and executives are a perfect resource for these firms, helping evaluate acquisition targets, validate investment theses, and drive and sustain impact through interim leadership roles.
PROJECT CATEGORIES: Private Equity and Venture Capital
|21% Interim Executive|
MOST IN-DEMAND PROJECTS
IT and Tech Transformation
Marketing and Sales Strategy
MOST IN-DEMAND SKILLS
Program Management Office (PMO)
Process Optimization and Transformation
SAMPLE PRIVATE EQUITY AND VENTURE CAPITAL PROJECTS
- Serve as an interim CFO and stand up basic financial systems in a newly acquired portfolio company
- Perform financial due diligence on an acquisition target
- Create an industry playbook for the firm’s operating team, codifying best practices into a well-organized and easy-to-use framework
- Serve as an interim CIO/CTO to drive a major IT systems transformation
- Redesign a portfolio company’s customer loyalty and subscription model strategies