Independent Talent Trends in 2020: A Macro View
Over the past few years, independent knowledge workers have become a key source of expertise for high-performing companies. Executives rely on them—individually and in small teams—to uncover new growth opportunities, manage product launches, fill critical interim needs, and drive business transformations, among other things.
According to our analysis, the future will only be more vibrant and dynamic. As executives find themselves in need of experts in cutting-edge digital disciplines like AI, machine learning, and data translation, they are increasingly finding talent with just the right skills and experience on the independent market.
That’s why it’s no surprise that the most innovative companies are incorporating on-demand talent into their broader strategies by installing enterprise-wide programs to facilitate their engagement on critical projects and priorities.
In this report, we analyze our proprietary data to reveal the on-demand talent trends that are shaping the independent economy to help executives harness the power of this invaluable resource.
Read the 2020 High-End Independent Talent Report to find out how leaders across 10 industries and 12 business functions are utilizing the expertise of high-end independents to get their most important work done. You'll get a deep data dive on:
- Top 10 industries and functions putting independents to work
- The top independent talent buyers by seniority and previous consulting experience
- Bar charts that detail project type distribution across industries and functions
- Top 10 projects and skills requested in the high-end on-demand world
- How companies are using independents to stay ahead of the digital curve
- Insight into the changing role of interim leaders, and a breakout of interim CXO placements
- Remote vs. on-site work arrangements, by industry
- And finally, a detailed breakdown of talent trends—including top project needs and skill requests—across 22 industries and business function segments
View 2020 talent trends by industry:
Private Equity and Venture Capital
View 2020 talent trends by business function:
Business and Corporate Development
General Managers and P&L Leaders
Program Management Office (PMO)